Star fruit chutney recipe ।kamarakshi chatni|dharehannina chatni | karmadla chutney| ಕಮರಾಕ್ಷಿ ಹಣ್ಣಿನ ಚಟ್ನಿ | kamrakhin recipes – Please watch the video for the tips!
In kannada it is called kamarakshi hannu or dhaare huli | dhare hannu
There are varieties of star fruit available. Sour and sweet varieties. It is rich in vitamin C, fiber and other nutrients as well. It does cause side effects in some people because of its high oxalate content
People with kidney problems should consult with a doctor before eating this fruit.
Here is the simple yet delicious star fruit chutney recipe which goes very well with rice, rotti, rotis …
CHeck these chutney recipes such as –
Breakfast recipes @swayampaaka Youtube Channel
Ingredients for making Star fruit chutney:
- 5 star fruit / kamarakshi hannu /dhare huli /karmadla
- 1 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1.5 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp uddina bele / urad dal /split black gram pinch of hing
- 5 cloves of garlic (optional)
- around 10 green chilies( more or less depends on your spice intake)
- 1 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/sasive
- 1/2 tsp uddina bele / urad dal /split black gram
- few curry leaves
- Wash and cut the starfruit
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan on medium low heat,
- Add hing, add a tsp of urad dal
- Fry it until the dals turn golden brown, then add garlic, fry it for few seconds, then add cut green chilies. Fry it for few seconds, then turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- Grind this along with cut star fruit, and salt
- Then add coconut, grind it to a coarse consistency
- Heat a 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, after it pops add urad dal
- Once the dals turn golden brown add curry leaves. Turn off the heat
- Transfer the chutney to the bowl. Add seasoning. Mix it . Chutney is ready to serve with rice, rotti, chapathi, idli, dose …