Cauliflower Masala Bhath or Cauliflower rice bhath is an easy and tasty rice dish, Perfect for lunchbox as well.
Here in this recipe I am using cauliflower as main vegetables along with fresh/frozen peas and carrots. . You can use different vegetables like beans, cabbage, kohlrabi …
Serve this Masala bhath with riata or chips.
This is gluten free, vegan , no onion, no garlic rice recipe. Also check there other rice recipes such as Vangi bhath, methi leaves pulav, mint palav, bisibele bhath, and more RICE DISHES CLICK HERE.
Ingredients for making Cauliflower Masala Bhath :
- 1/2 cup basmati
- 1 small cauliflower ( cut and wash)
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1 carrot ( wash, peel and cut into cubes)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1¼ tsp salt or salt to taste
- Little lemon juice(optional)
For masale grind the following ingredients:
- little coriander leaves,
- 1 inch chakke / cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds / dhania
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 8 to 10 black pepper
- 2 green chillies
- 2 red chillies (I used jalapeno pepper OR
- 3 byadgi red chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- Wash and soak the rice with 1 cup of water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grind all the “masala” ingredients to a coarse texture without adding water
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium heat. once hot add jeera. then 2 bay leaves / palav ele, then the ground masala and fry it for half a minute
- Then add cut vegetables, turmeric powder, mix it well.
- transfer the water from soaked rice to the mixer jar and add that water,( this step is to get the remaining masala from the jar) and add the soaked rice as well
- Add salt, squeeze some lemon juice(optional) MIx it really well. Then increase the flame to medium high, Once it starts to boil, cover the lid, and turn off the heat after ONE whistle.
- Now the Cauliflower bhath is ready. Open the lid, mix it gently and serve the Bhath with raita or chips or papads.