Pudina Pulav/mint palav is very easy yet delicious rice dish. Mint helps in digestion, indirectly helps in weight loss in a healthy way.This Mint pulav is quick and easy rice dish, can be prepared with Mint and other ingredients easily available at home. Also, you can use any vegetables or you can make without vegetables too.
This is vegan, gluten free and no onion no garlic rice dish. One pot dish which can be prepared in the pressure cooker. Best lunch box recipe.
Ingredients for Pudina Pulav:
- 3 TBSP oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- little jaggery
- 1 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- ¾ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 2 one inch cinnamon pieces
- 3 to 6 green chillies
- 1 big carrot cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh/frozen peas
- 1 small potato (cut into cubes, and keep it in the water)
- Also we need
- Pressure cooker
Method: Please watch the above video for the preparation
- Wash and keep mint leaves ready
- Wash the rice throughly and drain the water and keep it.
- Grind mint, coconut, jeera, ginger, cinnamon, green chillies, coriander seeds along with 1 to 2 TBSP water to a coarse consistency
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker on medium heat, once the oil is hot, add jeera and the masala. Fry it until the raw smell disappears ( the mix leaves the oil).
- Now add the vegetables, and mix it. Then add the washed rice and mix it well.
- Now add water, salt, jaggery and turmeric powder and allow it to boil
- When the water starts boiling, cover the pressure cooker and let it whistle twice on medium heat. Turn off the heat
- Once the cooker is cooled completely, open the lid and mix it gently.
- We have the quick and simple to make Pudina Rice is ready to eat.
- Enjoy the Mint Pulav with raita or chips
Health Benefits of mint:
- Mint leaves are very helpful in keeping the body cool
- Rosmarinic acid present in mint may may help in reducing seasonal allergies due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Removing toxins, cleansing blood
- Mint is helpful in getting rid of bad breath, and whitening the teeth
- You can use any vegetables of your choice or skip.
- If you love onion and Garlic, add cut onion before you fry the masala
- Add Garlic when you grind the masala
- Make sure you cook on medium heat.