orange peel chutney | kittale sippe chatni
Orange peel chutney | kittale sippe chutney | chutney.
Don’t throw away the orange peel once you are done with the fruit. We can make delicious, healthy and easy chutney recipe using the orange peel. In case you are wondering what are the benefits of using the peel? Please read below to know a few health benefits.
benefits of Orange peel-
It has calcium, vitamin A, dietary fiber, and copper. It contains flavonoids which are antioxidants. It is good for a healthy heart, prevents allergies, weight loss, and it is good for digestion as well. So why wait? Try making the recipes using orange peel . Chutney is always a versatile dish which goes well with rice, and many breakfast dishes like rotti, dosa, idli …
Also you can try this ORANGE PEEL GOJJU.
Try other vegetable chutney such as
Bitter Gourd Chutney , Turmeric root chutney, Ridge Gourd chutney and many other chutneys HERE
Try other healthy vegetable dosa recipes such as menthya soppina dose, sorekai dose, cucumber dosa, herekai dosa/podi, balekai dosa, and for more dosa recipes CLICK HERE
Ingredients for making orange peel chutney:
- 1/2 cup chopped orange peel
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- marble size tamarind
- 1 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp or small piece jaggery
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tsp coconut oil to any cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp black gram | urad dal
- 1/2 tbsp bengal gram | chana dal
- 12 byadagi red chilies
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- Few curry leaves
- 2 to 3 broken red chili pieces
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- fry dals until it turns golden brown, then add chilies fry that as well
- transfer it to a mixer jar, and keep the pan back on the stove
- Put 2 tsp of oil
- Once the oil is hot add chopped ginger, and orange peel
- Fry it on low heat until the raw smell disappears and turns golden yellow. Turn off the heat
- Grind dal and chilies to a powder, then add fried orange peel and ginger, along with salt, jaggery, and tamarind . Grind it without adding water first.
- Now add coconut, and enough water and grind it to a coarse consistency
- Transfer it to a bowl and give the seasoning.
- heat the oil in a ladle, once hot add hing,mustard seeds,
- After it pops, add urad dal, when dals turn golden brown, add broken red chilies, and curry leaves.
- Then turn off the heat and add to the orange peel chutney.
- Serve this orange peel chutney with rice, rotti, rotis, chapathi