Badami holige recipe | Almond obbattu | badam holige
Dear swayam paaka viewers,
Badam holige recipe | Almond obbattu | badaami holige
The SwayamPaaka team wishes you and your family a very happy YUGAADI. This plava naama samvatsara brings you all very good health , wealth , peace and prosperity in life.
To celebrate new year we have a recipe of badami holige | almond holige | badami obbattu.
For yugaadi menu – CLICK HERE
For yugaadi please checkout these recipes as well-
Ingredients for making badami holige:
For filling / hUrna:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- 2 cardamom
- pinch of saffron
For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 2 TBSP chiroti rave / sanna Rave / fine semolina
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- around 1/2 cup water
- Soak the almonds in 1 cup of water for 3 to 4 hours
Making the dough:
- In a bowl mix maida, rave, turmeric powder. Then add water little by little and mix
- For the consistency of the dough please watch the video, I have used 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp of water
- add 1 to 1.5 tbsp oil on top of the dough, cover it and keep it aside for a minimum 3 hours. The more you soak the dough, the hoLige will be good
Preparing the filling:
- Peel the skin from the soaked almonds.
- Grind the almonds with coconut, cardamom, kesari. Then add jaggery and grind it to a fine powder, DO NOT add Water to grind.
- Transfer this to a bowl.
- Divide the filling into 10 to 12 equal parts.
- Wet or grease the hands to form a ball/unde.
Making the obbattu:
- After 3+hours of resting the dough, knead the dough well.
- Grease and heat the tava on medium low heat
- You can divide the dough into 10 or 12 equal parts, take a portion of the dough, flatten out as shown in the video.
- Then place the filling and cover it as shown.
- Dip in the dry flour and roll it on a plastic sheet or banana leaf as shown,
- Transfer the holige onto the tava, put some oil or ghee on top. Let it cook
- Meanwhile prepare the other holige and keep it ready
- Flip the holige and let it cook on the other side as well
- Once it is cooked well on the other side,, remove it from the tava and transfer this to a plate.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough and filling
- Both kanaka(dough) and the hurna (filling) must be same consistency
- Make sure to cook the obbattu on low flame