Banana stem dosa | baledindina dosa | ಬಾಳೆ ದಿಂಡಿನ ದೋಸೆ । banana stem dosa। no fermentation dosa, vegan and gluten free | no onion no garlic| healthy dosa recipe |banana stem dosa recipe | vegetable dosa recipes | no fermentation dosa recipe. | No urad dal dosa
Healthy breakfast is very important to start the day. In our website and in the swayampaaka channel we do focus on day to day healthy breakfast and meals.
Here is another addition to healthy breakfast recipes – banana stem dosa or bale dindina dose. This is vegan, gluten free. No onion and no garlic dosa breakfast recipe.
In this banana stem dosa video I have given some tips to season the cast iron tava and how to solve the common problem of tava | kavali while making dosa or rotti- “dosa or rotti sticking to the tava”
Banana plants or trees are like Kamadhenu. every part is used 🙂 green Plantain, banana, Banana stem – and the banana flower can be used.
Banana stem is the best detoxifying food. This bale dindu is used in the southern part of India- Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu..
Banana stem is a rich source of fiber, potassium, Vitamins and it is diuretic . Regular use of this banana stem helps to detoxify the body , helps in weight loss, and prevents kidney stones.
Interested in other banana stem recipes? Check this –
How to prepare the Banana Stem before using it:
Remove or peel every layer of the stem( 2 to 3) until you get the center core. This is the one we should use.
Wash this and cut it into small circles (disks) while removing the fiber using the fingers . Finely chop these pieces.
To prevent the chopped stem becoming brown, either place it in buttermilk, or squeeze some lemon juice and mix it .
To remove the extra fiber, place this chopped stem in the water. Take a wooden stick, move it ini a circular motion. All the remaining fiber will stick to the stick
Ingredients banana stem dosa:
- 1 cup rice -sona masoori or dose rice
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 2 cups of banana stem pieces
- 1 tsp salt to salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp jeera /cumin seeds
- ~1/2 cup grated coconut
- wash and soak it in 1 cup of water for 4 to 5 hours or overnight
- cut the banana stem as shown HERE in the recipe video
- (remove the layers until you get to the core/center part
- Place the cut banana stem pieces in lime/lemon water or buttermilk
- Cut into small discs, remove the fiber/naru
- Then add coconut, banana stem pieces. grind it to coarse consistency
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes, No need to ferment the batter
- Transfer into a bowl. add salt, add jeera . mix it well.
MAKING THE banana stem DOSA:
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat
- Once the tava is hot enough, mix the batter and pour a ladleful of batter in the center and make the dosa.
- After a minute or so, dosa is ready. Remove it and Serve hot with chutney.
- Repeat the same procedure to make more doses. No need to oil the tava each time you make the dose. apply when needed
- Dosa ready to Serve, You can eat with chutney or chutney powder as well.
- If dose/rotti sticking to the tava,
- Generously grease the tava, heat it on low heat for 10 minutes. Wipe the excess oil with a paper towel or clean cloth. Again grease tava, make the dosa.
- TIP- you can use potato or onion, sweet potato to spread/grease the tava when making the rotti, or dosa