Peanut burfi | groundnut barfi | kadlekai mitayi | ಕಡ್ಲೇಕಾಯಿ ಬರ್ಫಿ
Very easy to make and extraordinarily delicious sweet is this peanut burfi. We can prepare this in under 20 minutes. If you have roasted peanuts at home then it only takes 10 minutes to prepare this. SImple ingredients such as peanuts, sugar and milk. SInce we are vegans I am using almond milk here. You can use any other non dairy milk or regular dairy milk as well.
SO try this vegan, gluten free peanut burfi and share your comments!
Benefits of peanuts:
Good source of fiber
Vitamin E, K and B
Excellent source of niacin
other kadlekai recipes / peanut recipes:
Ingredients for peanut burfi:
- groundnuts/peanuts burfi
- 1 cup peanuts | groundnuts
- 1 cup = 250ml
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any non dairy milk ( if you are not vegan you can use cow’s milk )
- around 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Grease the plate with coconut oil or ghee and keep it ready
- Dry roast the peanuts on low heat, then remove the skin and powder it
- Add sugar and powder it again.
- You can add milk and pulse it once or transfer this to a thick bottom pan and mix it well
- Place the burfi mix on medium heat first, keep stirring, once it starts to thicken, reduce the heat
- as the mix leaves the pan add cardamom powder, mix it well. Turn off the heat
- Transfer it onto a greased plate
- Pat it so that the mix spreads evenly.
- Cut it to desired shape and size
- we can make around 24 pieces with the given measurement.