Methi seeds Pickle | Menthe pickle recipe | Fenugreek seeds Pickle | Menthya kaaLina uppinakai recipe
Here is a simple yet tasty pickle using Methi seeds. I used herelekai juice for this recipe, this can be substituted with lemon or lime juice.
Benefits of Menthya / methi seeds :
Methi seeds / menthya / fenugreek seeds have lots of medicinal value. They are loaded with antioxidants. These seeds promote healthy hair, and help to relieve discomfort due to arthritis. They also help to avoid constipation and aids in liver function and digestion. It helps in reduction of cholesterol and removal of toxins from the body.
Try this other methiseeds recipe such as
Ingredients for making Methi seeds pickles:
- 3 tbsp menthya /methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 3 heralekayi /kanchi kaayi or you can use lemon/lime ( 3/4 cup of juice here)
- 1.5 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder/cumin powder( raw)
- 1 tsp mustard powder(raw)
- 1 tsp dry roasted methi seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbsp salt or salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Pinch of hing
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- cut and squeeze the juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Discard the seeds
- Add menthya/methi seeds to the heralekai or lemon juice. let it soak for 4 hours
- now add other ingredients. Mix it well and keep it aside for a day
- Next day- menthya/methi seeds pickle is ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a ladle, once hot add hing and mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds pop, turn off the heat and add the seasoning to the pickle .