sorekayi palya | lauki palya | bottle gourd paya | sorekai palya |
Bottle gourd, also known as lauki or calabash, offers a plethora of health benefits. It is rich in essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making it a valuable addition to a balanced diet. This versatile vegetable aids in weight management, promotes hydration, supports digestion, and may even help lower blood pressure. Including bottle gourd in your meals can contribute to overall well-being and contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of sorekayi | lauki | bottle gourd.
Here is the simple sorekai palya recipe to incorporate in our diet. This is vegan, gluten free, healthy and nutritious dish which goes well with rice, rotti, chapati
- 1 sorekayi | bottle gourd
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal /uddina bele
- ~3 green chili
- few curry leaves
- little turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp rock salt or salt to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon/lime(or to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- little jaggery
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- Begin by washing, peeling, and cutting the sorekai (bottle gourd).
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, then add mustard seeds. Once they start popping, introduce urad dal.
- Once the urad dal turns a golden brown hue, toss in the green chilies and fry them for a few seconds.
- Add curry leaves, turmeric powder, the cut sorekai, and salt. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Sprinkle some water, stir the mixture, cover the pan, and let it cook (remember to stir occasionally).
- When the sorekai is cooked to perfection, add jaggery and grated coconut. Mix these in well.
- Turn off the heat, squeeze lemon juice into the dish, and give it a final mix.
- Serve this delightful creation with rotti, chapati, or enjoy it with rice.