Rave sandige | Rave happala | semolina papad | summer recipe | rava happala
Easy to make sun dried summer recipe is Rave happala or rave sandige. Few ingredients and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
Rave aka semolina or sooji or sajjige will be commonly used in indian cooking to make upma, rotti, idli … Using this easily available ingredient we can prepare this sandige, dry it in sunlight and can be stored in an airtight container for an year. You can deep fry these papads and eat with rasam/sambar rice or as a snack.
Other summer papads/sandige recipes you can try this summer are
Ragi sandige finger millet papad
Ingredients for making rave sandige:
- 1/4 cup ಸಣ್ಣ ರವೆ /chiroti rave/fine semolina/fine sooji
- 1/2 tsp ajwain/omam or you can use jeera / cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 green chillies ( grind it or crush it and keep it ready)or
- you can use jeerige menasina pudi
- pinch of hing
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 2.5 cups of water for 1/4 cup rava
if you are making for 1 cup rave take 10 cups of water 1rava:10 water ratio
- grease the plates and keep it ready
- boil the water in a pan, add salt,hing, rave, chilli paste or the jeerige menasina pudi and mix it and keep stirring for 2 to 3 minutes
- Once the rave is cooked(it will take 2 to 3 minutes) turn off the heat and add ajwain/omkalu. Mix it well
- Pour 1 to 1.5 tbsp full of this rava batter on to the greased plates as shown. do not spread the batter.
- let it sun dry for 1 to 2 days or until all the moisture evaporates.
- Once the happaLa is dried well, store it in a airtight container and deep fry this whenever you want to eat,
- To deep fry – heat the oil in a pan , once the oil is hot add rava sandige/happala and fry as shown in the video. . You have to remove the happala quickly from the oil. Serve/eat.