aloo mosaru bajji |Alugadde Mosaru Bajji, a comforting and flavorful dish. Begin by removing the potato skin and gently mashing the cooked potatoes. Incorporate chopped onions and salt into the mashed potato. Heat oil in a ladle, adding mustard seeds and frying urad dal until golden brown. Introduce chopped green chilies, fry briefly, and then add curry leaves before turning off the heat. Combine vegan curd with the mashed potatoes, blending in the aromatic seasoning and chopped coriander leaves. This results in a creamy and seasoned Alugadde Mosaru Bajji, a delight in the richness of this dish that seamlessly combines traditional flavors with a vegan twist. I have used PEANUT CURD in this recipe. You can use any other non-dairy curd/yogurt such as almond curd , soy curd, cashew yogurt or you can even use cow’s milk curd.
VEGAN YOGURT / CURD RECIPES:
- 1 potato(cooked)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tso uddina bele/urad dal
- coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1 small onion – finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup curd or yogurt (dairy free or regular curd) I am using peanut curd)
- Remove the skin and gently mash the cooked potato
- Add chopped onion, and salt. Mix it
- Heat the oil in a ladle on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds
- After it pops add urad dal, fry it until dal turns golden brown
- Then add chopped green chilies, fry it for few seconds,
- add curry leaves, then turn off the heat.
- add curd to the mashed potato. Mix it, and then add the seasoning and chopped coriander leaves. mix it well
- Now the alugadde mosaru bajji is ready to eat!