balekai sandige | Balekayi sandige | balekayi papads | Green plantain fryums
Balekayi Sandige | balekai is an easy to make sun dried papad recipe, vegan , gluten free and with no onion and no garlic papad recipe.
Plantains are loaded with Vitamin B6, antioxidants and minerals. Plantains contain soluble fibers which aid in regular bowel movements.
Also check these balekai recipes such as
Raw banana palya
Green / raw banana dosa
Summer time is the time to prepare the happala, sandige, balaka… and eat during rainy, winter cold days. These are the easy recipes we can do at home instead of buying from stores. This is gluten free, additives free papads/sandige recipe
Hope you enjoy making THESE RECIPES during this summer like aralu sandige,
Ingredients for balekai sandige:
- 3 green banana /baLEkaayi
- 10 green chilis
- 1 tsp jeerige / cumin seeds or you can use om /ajwain or sesame seeds
- juice of half lime
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- Wash and cut the edges, cut into 2 pieces,
- Pressure cook the green banana with some water on medium heat .
- Turn off the heat after 2 whistles.
- Grease the plates and keep it ready
- Once the cooker is cooled completely, remove the skin of the cooked bananas
- Grind this along with green chilies, and salt to a fine paste.
- Add the cooked /reserved water to grind
- Transfer this batter to a bowl
- Put some water to the mixer jar, add that as well
- Squeeze the lime / lemon juice, add jeera mix it well,
- Batter will be spicy, so use a spoon to mix the batter. Add enough water to get the required consistency(like dosa batter)
- Please watch the video for the consistency of the batter.
- You can use a spoon to put it on the greased plate as shown here in the video
- or you can place the sandige as shown in the video
- Sun dry these papads for a day or 2.
- Once the top layer is dried, then flip it and let it dry other side as well
To deep fry the papads:
- Heat enough Oil to fry the sandige
- Deep fry the dried sandige and serve .